The Monte Report

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Late June Monte Report

I know I said I'd report more this month on my mysterious medical problem, but all I can say is that I have preliminarily tested positive for something called Celiac Disease. It involves an inability to digest wheat products, and, if confirmed, could mean a drastic change in my diet. I'm having an endoscopy in August to get a final diagnosis, so until then it's business as usual. -- As for my sleep apnea, I'm definitely not sleeping any less than I used to (I'm still averaging 10-12 hours a night, with 14 hours a night the norm on weekends). BUT, I can tell I'm getting more rested. It's easier to wake up than it used to be, and I now have dreams that last longer than 30 seconds. Surely that's better for my health.

As for my mood, most of June was just as hunky-dory as the past many months have been. The last couple days I have been feeling uncomfortably down, however. It may just be a random mood fluctuation. Hopefully that's all it is, and July will prove to be another happy month.