The Monte Report

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Monte Report - Late November


Welcome to the new and improved (visually, at least) version of The Monte Report. I don't know about you, but the toxic-waste-blue of the previous version was damaging my eyeballs.

My extended Thanksgiving weekend was pleasant for the most part, with the primary down-side being relentless colds amongst multiple family members (including me) (and my Mom) at a time when my Mom's immune system is compromised due to her chemotherapy. (If all goes according to plan, she'll have Round 2 of her chemo this week.) I think if she wasn't ill with a cold, she'd be feeling just fine other than some generalized tiredness.

As for me, my mental health has been pretty good since my last post, but it is gradually becoming wobbly in a very familiar way, and I have no doubt that a downturn is lurking around the corner. We'll see. There are parties that I hope to attend over each of the next three weekends, and that may be leading to some pre-emptive anxiety. I think my best bet for now is to take it easy, not push myself too hard at work, call in sick when I need to, play it by ear in regard to the parties -- and get over this damned 3-week old cold as quickly as possible.