The Monte Report

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Late July Monte Report


I've been living in my new apartment for about a week now. I've obtained a refrigerator, too, so I'm pretty well set for now. I walked to work every day this week, which is a nice change from my long commute.

Today, however, is Saturday, traditionally the worst day of the week for me in terms of my depression. The thirteen hours I just spent in bed was pretty normal for me. I feel overwhelmed by all the unpacking that I have left to do, and I'm just doing my best to unpack a little bit each day. At work, I'm having trouble adjusting to the new leadership structure. Again, I like my new supervisor well enough, but I'm just so used to working closely with my former boss. Making things worse, my former boss has moved his office to the second floor so he's even physically removed from where I work. This change has been especially hard for me to adjust to.

So, with the move and the changes at work, this is a time of major change for me, and I'm struggling to adjust.

[No quote from Coping With Depression today -- I can't find the book right now . . .]