The Monte Report

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Late January Monte Report

I'm finally back in therapy. It's a long, boring story why I've not been seeing my therapist, but I finally saw him a couple days ago for the first time since my return to California in October. Perhaps he can help guide me safely through these difficult times.

The new thyroid medication that I'm taking is called "Armour Thyroid," and from what I've read on the internet (admittedly an unreliable source of information) it may be just what I've been looking for. A lot of people with hypothyroidism and depression seem to respond better to Armour Thyroid than they do to the more commonly used thyroid medications (which makes me wonder why my doctor didn't prescribe it years ago). And the last few days have in fact seen some slight improvement in my mood. Yesterday I began to come down with a flu or something, so I'm feeling pretty crappy today. And all this freakin' rain has been wearing on me. But my hopes are up for some marked improvement in my condition. We'll see . . .