The Monte Report

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Late October Monte Report

Another month with nothing too exciting to report. My supervisor took a week off in October and I survived that without too much trouble. I met with my primary care physician and learned that my costly endoscopy had ambiguous results. In other words, it's STILL unclear as to whether I have Celiac Disease. My PCP wants me to go on a gluten-free diet anyway, and see how my body reacts. So my plan is to go gluten-free starting on November 1st. But, I'm not very optimistic that it will work out. For someone who lacks cooking skills, it sounds very difficult to maintain a gluten-free diet. Although there are more and more g-f products available all the time, I don't see myself expanding my cooking skills in the near future. I worry that the frustration induced by a g-f diet will cause my mental health to deteriorate. BUT -- I will give it the ol' college try, and see what happens.

Not much else to say. Work is going fine. My energy level on weekends seems to have increased slightly. My need for sleep seems to have decreased slightly. And the lousy weather doesn't seem to be affecting me negatively.

So, we'll see how a gluten-free November goes, and I'll report back in a month. Have a happy Halloween and a great Thanksgiving!