The Monte Report

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Early March Monte Report

Well, my trip to Hawaii was enjoyable. The weather wasn't always very cooperative, but still it was fun and it was great to have the chance to have a whole week to catch up with friends. Removing myself from my Santa Cruz life for a week also helped me put some things in perspective. Specifically, it helped me to see that I am so incredibly miserable with my life in Santa Cruz that a major change is required if I am to have a chance to survive. And so I've made the decision: I'm moving to Washington. I will continue with my job for the remainder of the month, while they work on hiring a replacement. I don't know just yet when my last day in town will be -- as you probably know, I've got a lot of stuff to pack and move. For the short term, I'll stay at my parents' place in Washington (where they'll be moving in May or June). I don't know what the long-term situation will look like, but one possibility is that my parents might put up another manufactured home on the property (it's about 22 acres) which I could then rent from them. Details like a new therapist, new pharmacy, new doctors, a new job and all that jazz are on the back burner while I simply struggle to get through the next few weeks. Fortunately, my desitination is a beautiful one - here's the view from the back porch of my parents' new house. Although I'm looking forward to the change, it's going to be rough saying goodbye to my California friends. I'm sure I'll have more to say later, but for now I think I'll get started on packing.