The Monte Report

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Early August Monte Report


I'm now up in Washington for good. Unfortunately my carpet STILL hasn't been installed so I can't start moving in and settling into my new place yet. (It's been two months since we ordered the carpet -- I doubt I'll ever shop at Home Depot ever again.) Fortunately, I have my computer here and it provides me with opportunities to occupy myself (though, unfortunately, I'm back to a dial-up connection -- no DSL out here in the boondocks). In fact, I've experienced a burst of energy this past week, and have done quite a bit of work on various computer-based projects that I've neglected for months. I'm also beginning to feel motivated to start using some of the Cognitive Behavior Therapy skills that were useful in the past. That, combined with new carpet and seeing my new therapist this Friday, will hopefully mark the beginning of a turnaround. We'll see.

Along those lines, I recently had one of the best days in many many months: I went hiking with a couple friends to our favorite swimming hole. That's me diving in -- not quite Olympic-quality form to my diving, but I had a great time. We had brunch before the hike, and afterwards I saw a movie and had dinner with two other friends. I don't remember the last time I had such a good day.