The Monte Report

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Mid-August Monte Report


I'll try and keep this Monte Report brief, as there's not much to say except that my mood has turned around 180 degrees since my last post. I'm in Washington now, my new carpet has finally been installed, and now I'm faced with the daunting task of trying to actually move in. The delays in getting the carpet installed wreaked havoc with my mood. Adding to my worries is a plumbing problem under my kitchen sink. I could whine some more about other problems with my house but I'll leave it at that.

I did see my new "doctor" -- he's an "Advanced Registered Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner", and is "board certified as an Adult/adolescent Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner with prescriptive authority." But since that takes too long to say, I'll just call him "my doctor." We seemed to click pretty well, and I look forward to delving into my issues with him. Hopefully he can just wave his magic wand at me and POOF I'll be ready to rejoin the work force. If only it were that easy . . .