The Monte Report

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Early September Monte Report



Nothing much new to report. I'm still feeling pretty lousy, pretty consistently -- but I'm not experiencing as much suicidal thinking as one might expect. Instead I'm just lethargic and unmotivated all the time, spending as much time in bed as I do out of bed. One worry that has begun to pester me is whether moving to Washington was such a good idea. Although I didn't have a whole lot of choice in coming here to begin with, I'm finding it really hard to imagine staying here for the long term. As a result, I'm finding that I'm not interested in doing any more unpacking. That may just be because of the depression, or it may be because I'm subconsciously planning to move back to California as soon as it is practical to do so.

My weaning off of the Parnate continues; I'll be down to 40mg/day starting this Friday (down from 70mg/day). I haven't noticed a significant worsening of my depression since I began the weaning, but I'm trying to mentally prepare for the worst as I get closer to zero.

I just heard a California Quail outside the window, so that's why he gets his picture in my blog . . .