The Monte Report

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Mid-September Monte Report

My weaning off of Parnate continues. A couple more weeks and I should be down to zero. Though my mood has continued to deteriorate as my dose has decreased, I don't feel any more likely to hurt myself than usual -- so that's the silver lining I guess. I am feeling optimistic that my new medication (yet to be determined) will pull me up out of this morass. I'm also realizing that I need to move back to California sooner or later. Once I'm feeling stabilized I'm going to need to have a social life again, and I don't think I'm up to the challenge of starting from scratch up here in Washington. The thought of moving again stresses me out to the max, but the thought of NOT moving again stresses me out even more. At this point, though, it's still too early to be making any sort of real decision about the matter.

I'm going to be in California briefly this week, and that's got its own stresses attached to it, primarily in the fact that there are more people that I want to visit with than time will allow. For those that I'm not seeing, I hope you won't take it personally.

Finally, that's a picture of a Lincoln's Sparrow. It's one of my favorite birds, and I saw one in my yard a couple days ago. And no, it's not named after the President, but rather it was named by Audubon after his friend Thomas Lincoln.